Do you have kidney infection symptoms? A lot of people today have experienced kidney infection symptoms. Most of them are not aware of it as they tend to relate them to other disease conditions. Knowing and understanding the different warning signs would be very helpful as it would help you treat the kidney infection symptoms before it becomes severe, which would lead to further complications. This way, it would be easier for the physician to treat the illness as it is at its earlier stage.
Identifying Kidney Infection Symptoms
Kidneys play a vital role in our body. They serve a lot of functions that are important for us to keep living and stay healthy at all times. When a certain bacteria enter the kidneys, it can affect its normal functioning. To help you respond immediately to the infection, being aware of kidney infection symptoms is a must.
Here are several symptoms grouped by related body functions.
Urine Related Symptoms
- Pain in urination – Is there a burning sensation when passing urine? Most people find it difficult to urinate as it is very painful. This means that it has infected the bladder. Having it treated immediately would prevent the spread of bacteria to the kidneys.
- Appearance of urine – Changes in the color of the urine and its pattern may be observed, as well. The urine may become darker or concentrated due to dehydration. It can be cloudy in appearance.
- Smell of urine – Is there a foul smelling odor? It could be brought about by the bacteria.
- Content of urine – You may also find blood in the urine in some instances.
- Amount of urine – Check for the amount. You may have noticed that there is not as much pee that comes out than you were previously accustomed to. When swelling occurs, it can block the passageway that causes people to pass out urine in lesser amount.
General Physical Symptoms
- Lower back pain – Another sign that people must watch for is the lower back ache. When infection occurs, our body would normally respond by sending the normal cells to fight the bacteria. This activity can cause swelling which people find painful especially when pressed. Some people disregard it and would think that it would pass away. This should not be taken for granted and should be given priority as it can lead to serious complication. Have it consulted with a doctor for immediate treatment.
These last four symptoms may also be observed and are caused by the toxins that accumulate in the bloodstream. Normally, the kidney detoxifies, removes wastes and eliminates it in our body by way of urine. When it is infected, its normal functioning is affected. Thus, the waste products that should be eliminated stay in the bloodstream.
When something bad is felt within your body, do not ignore it. Consult a doctor immediately for prompt treatment and to prevent further complications. Having it treated in an earlier stage can help cure the disease condition. Moreover, do not self-medicate as it may be another disease condition. It may or may not worsen the condition. It is important to keep in mind the different kidney infection symptoms discussed above.